- Clayton Heights 188 St Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
- Surrey 152nd St Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
- White Rock 16Ave Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave Therapy Treatment is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that involves the delivery of high energy sound waves to affected areas of the body to trigger the body’s own natural repair mechanisms and stimulate healing. It is a safe and effective treatment option. The recovery period is shorter than traditional invasive surgery and the procedure eliminates many of the risks associated with traditional surgery. Generally, 3 treatments are advocated with 1 week between treatments.
Conditions that can be treated by Shockwave Therapy:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Calcific Tendinitis – commonly found in the shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder
- Treatment of Muscle Tears and Scar Tissue
- Trigger Points
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Jumpers/Runners Knee – Patellar tendon injuries
- Shin Splints
Shockwave Therapy helps by:
- Inhibiting pain signals
- Decreasing inflammation
- Promoting new blood flow
- Accelerating healing
- Providing long-lasting results, usually permanent
Is it painful?
Shockwave Therapy can be slightly uncomfortable as it is applied directly to the injured area. The injured area may become sensitive for 24-48 hours post-treatment. Generally applying ice to the area for 10 minutes will help to alleviate the sensitivity.
Looking for an appointment in White Rock 16Ave, BC?
Our experienced team at White Rock 16Ave Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic will assist you with finding the best treatment for your specific type of injury and improving mobility. Give us a call or book an appointment today.